Building Information Modelling (BIM) Level 2- POLICY
BIM Execution Plan in line with PAS 1192:2-2013
Introduction from the joint Managing Directors
To ensure we achieved BIM Level 2 capability and experience by Central Government’s target of 2016, we implemented our BIM programme in collaboration with our Key Design Team supply chain. The Jerram Group, which makes up Falkus Joinery, Construction, and Development, rely on specialist BIM Level 2 Design Partners to deliver our projects, however we have ensured that our project management team, estimators and pre-construction team are proficient with BIM Level 2 in line with PAS 1192:2-2013. With full Board approval, we have a BIM Policy and Action Plan fully supported by a comprehensive Implementation Programme through our Design Team Partners. Our Design Team have completed the NFB BIM Exemplar programme.
BIM achievements thus far including:
- Developed strategic BIM implementation policy fully backed by the Board of Directors
- Appointed a BIM Manager to push forward our BIM programme
- Prepared a comprehensive BIM Action Plan supported by a full implementation programme with progress monitoring capability
- Selected a project from one of our Design & Construct Frameworks on which to use as a full BIM designed trial project with external consultants and have used lessons learnt (Keir Hardy Primary School) to move forward with the next scheme
- We have set up an extensive and comprehensive BIM Training programme through our consultant partners
- Facilitated full employee access to key BIM guidance documents via SharePoint
- As part of our BIM Trial Project we have prepared a comprehensive BIM Execution Plan in line with PAS 1192:2 2013
- Our IT Manager is providing IT support and advice to our BIM Design Partners and this cooperation will be extended to key supply chain members as they come on board.
(BIM) Building Information Modelling Policy
The following represents the policy of Jerram Falkus Construction Ltd and all divisions that encompass the Jerram Group:
This document sets out the Building Information Management (BIM) Policy of the Jerram Group in relation to all construction activities.
The Jerram Group is committed to maintaining and developing its current BIM level 2 capabilities to provide a consistent level of service across all disciplines and offices. We are aware that the UK construction industry’s understanding of the use and benefits of BIM is still developing, and we are committed to continued investment in training to ensure the abilities of our staff develop in line with the evolution of the use of BIM in practice.
The Jerram Group Management Team is responsible for the delivery of the BIM Policy, with day to day delivery delegated to the BIM Management Team, comprising of representatives from each discipline.
Jerram Group has been developing our 3D design capabilities since 2012, but adoption of BIM compliant methods of works commenced in earnest in January 2014, with a plan to be BIM level 2 proficient in time for the UK Government declared requirement for the adoption of BIM technologies and processes on all Government projects by 4 April 2016.
Jerram Group delivered our first BIM Level 2 compliant project in 1st quarter 2014 with Keir Hardy Primary School for Countryside Properties (UK) Ltd.
This Policy was adopted by the Board of Directors and the Management Team on 07 February 2015.
William Jerram / Jonathan Jerram
Joint Managing Directors
Jerram Falkus Construction Limited