18/01/2021 – JOINERY ASSISTANT
Falkus Joinery Ltd is looking to hire a Joinery Assistant to join our team. You will report directly to the Production Manager and be based at our workshop in Shoreditch.
- To prepare and sand joinery for finishing [main duty].
- Ensure that quality is kept at all times.
- Ensuring the joinery, woodshed, mill, finishing area & dispatch area always tidy and clear.
- Ensure work is carried out to the highest standard and in the interest of the company.
- To gain knowledge and understanding of the Company’s operations and projects.
- To participate in the Company’s in-house training programmes.
- Carry out other reasonable requests made by the Production Manager to support departmental or company objectives.
- Ensure compliance with the Company’s policies including Health & Safety are complied with at all times.
- Observe and comply with all good working practices.
Qualities & Experience
- A keen desire to work and learn.
- Be able to work in a team but also by themselves.
- Be driven and capable, a ‘self-starter’.
- Be able to take direction and responsibility for their work.
- Be reliable and hardworking.
- Have experience of Joinery/finishing/construction.
- Have experience of working to high Health & Safety standards.
- Computer literate/ Competent in Microsoft Office applications and other.
Please express interest by emailing Will Burn email@example.com to discuss the role further.
11/01/2021 – JOINERY SITE INSTALLER
Falkus Joinery Ltd is looking to hire an experienced Joinery Site Installer to join our team.
You will be the lead installer for our bespoke joinery projects in and around Central London. Based primarily on site, and occasionally at our workshop in Shoreditch, you will be responsible for all aspects of the installation, seeing each job through to completion. You will have the opportunity to help out in the workshop between site installations, potentially developing further skills in joinery. Our project scope is varied, specialising in both residential and commercial projects. Depending on project size, you will work independently or lead a small team on site.
Qualities & Experience
- 5+ years’ experience on site in a similar role.
- Proven track record of delivering high quality joinery installation.
- Keen eye for detail, passion and dedication to getting the job right.
- Ability to read shop drawings.
- Be comfortable working in a team environment, and also solo when required.
- Flexibility to overcome problems and ability to offer effective solutions.
- Accustomed to working to tight deadlines and within specified time frames.
- Health and safety aware and able to adhere to site rules and regulations- relevant experience of working on Main Contractor sites is preferred.
- Excellent communicator.
- Thrives on achieving goals within a friendly and hardworking team.
- Experience of managing a small team of carpenters is essential, and although the successful candidate may not be required to source the team, having the knowledge and experience to find a team would be advantageous.
- CSCS card holder.
- Recognised qualification in site carpentry/joinery preferred, but not essential.
- Driving Licence
This role is full time and initially on a contract basis. Please express interest by emailing Rianne firstname.lastname@example.org & Will email@example.com and we can discuss the role further.